Audio Visual Manager
To provide technical advice and support to a number of hotels we work in partnership with, including upselling our clients services where possible.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
1. To service and coordinate all AV requirements as requested by clients through the events team
2. To contact clients in relation to future bookings within the venue and upsell our services where possible
3. To offer technical advise and support to the sales and events team
4. Ensuring that all kit is set up neatly and to a high standard.
5. To generate proposals for events and work directly with clients to ensure that their event runs smoothly.
6. To keep an on-going stock check of equipment stored on site
7. Keep an up-to-date running sheet of work, along with submitting a weekly costs sheet.
8. To act as a project manager, with the support of the Project Manager, for larger events.
9. To work with the operation staff to ensure each room has correctly set up AV equipment
10. To supervise any freelance staff who are working on our behalf.
The successful candidate will need to have at least 2 years’ experience working in the corporate AV hire and live events industry with a broad knowledge of audio visual, sound and lighting kit.
- Hard working and enthusiastic
- Hands on knowledge of audio visual technical equipment
- Knowledge and experience of the hotel conference industry
- Client facing skills
- Good communication skills.
- Leadership qualities yet also a team player
- Smartly presented
- Attention to detail and a pride in their work
- Be able show good time management skills
- Full UK Driving License (minimum age 21 years, must hold license for at least 1 year prior)
- Be Computer Literate. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Visio, Word and Outlook. Hiretrack knowledge is also an advantage.
- There is a Performance Related Bonus of up to 10% of the annual salary, paid yearly
- This is a full-time post with evening and weekend working, for which overtime will be paid
- Basic hours of work are normally 08:00 till 17:00 with an hour lunch break