Registered Childrens Nurse
Registered Childrens Nurse - Care Service Manager
Reports to: Lead Care Service Manager
Location: Region - East Anglia
The Care Service Managers are responsible for supervision of care for Clients living within their Case Load and contributing to the training, development and supervision of all Personal Care Assistants (PAs) in line with requirements set out in the Essential Standards of Quality and Safety March 2010
- Complete and review Client Needs and Risk Assessments in line with CQC guidance
- Develop, review and implement Service User Personal Care Plans in line with CQC guidance
- Manage client care packages, monitor client care and well being
- Working with the Training Team, support the training, development and supervision of Personal Care Assistants, including Bowel Management & Competency Training where applicable. This is Head Office and regional based.
- Work with the recruitment team to assist in the interviewing of Personal Care Assistants as required.
- Assist with competency based training of PAs in their work place
- Take part in the of Out of Hours Emergency Service
- Liaise with Social Services and attend case conferences/ MDT meetings as required
- Network within Spinal Units and organisations to improve awareness and understanding of the company’s service
- Update specialist knowledge & skills in line with current best practice regarding Neurological conditions
- Support Head of Care in the development of new care packages to ensure that the company’s financial objectives are achieved
- Attend and contribute to Care Service Manager Meetings and other meetings as required
- Inform the Head of Care/ Lead CSM of any issues that are likely to adversely impact quality of client care and/or health and safety of employees
- Tasks and projects as determined by Head of Care/Lead CSM and within the scope of the role
SPECIFIC SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED Essential:
- Registered General Nurse, Registered Sick Children’s Nurse, Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse, Registered Mental Health Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist with at least 2 years post registration experience.
- Independent, self motivated and able to work with minimal direct supervision
- Willing to travel extensively predominantly within own geographical area in order to manage case load effectively
- Willing to travel to Head Office on a regular basis to attend meetings and assist with training
- Car owner with full UK driving licence.
- Previous experience working with people with Spinal Cord Injury, Acquired Brain Injury or long term Neurological conditions, ideally in a community setting.
- Previous Case Management experience
- Previous management experience
- Training qualification i.e. Teaching & Assessing award, Mentorship award, Moving and Handling Trainer and/or Assessor, Nursing Patients with Spinal Cord Lesion award or other relevant additional qualification
- Excellent team work along with verbal & written communication skills, results driven
- Computer literate with good Microsoft Word knowledge
- Ideally will have experience of dealing with Multi-disciplinary teams
This role is Home based, 37.5 hours per week, these hours will need to be worked flexibly depending on the work demands of your caseload.
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted