An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Financial Controller to work within this well established Cumbrian based company. Based in Kendal, this medium sized owner managed business have solid foundations within their chosen specialism and have experienced continuous growth and diversity within their sector.
The successful appointee will be a key person in the business, part of a pro-active Senior Management Team. Reporting directly to the company owners, you will have overall responsible for the full financial controls, overseeing the work of two other finance staff as well as gaining involvement in the operational and strategic parts of the business, key responsibilities will include:
- Maintenance and control of the company accounting records and costing system
- Draft end of year accounts
- Regular interpretation to the Board of the company’s financial performance and position
- Supervision and management of 2 accounts staff
- Liaison with the companies external accountants regarding statutory accounts, taxation compliance and planning
- Production of monthly management accounts, variance analysis and KPI reporting
- Preparation of financial budgets and forecasts
- Management of all aspects of Treasury and cash management
- Arrangement of finance for asset purchases
- Insurance renewals - buildings, vehicles etc.
- Fixed assets and depreciation
- VAT return
- Managing the payroll & PAYE for 60 monthly paid employees
- Administration for the company pension scheme ensuring all government legislation is met.
- Strong IT skills are required and in particular Excel.
- Provision of input to the company’s strategic and business planning processes
Qualification and experience:
- Fully Qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA.
- Experience of working within a similar level role.
- Previous staff management experience is desirable.
- Experience of working within an owner managed business is beneficial.
Standard office hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm (1 hour lunch), please contact me if you require further information.