Design Engineer Mechanical
Design Engineer (Mechanical)
£25,000 to £35,000 + 33 days holiday + Pension
Mechanical Design engineer position available in a well established manufacturer who produce high quality vehicles for a wide range of industries.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Design Engineer from a mechanical background with a couple of year’s industry experience. The successful applicant will have previously conformed to vehicle regulations and have experience using any 3D design software. The candidate will be able to calculate stresses and strains of fabricated sheet metal structures.
The role will be a mixture of re-modification and concept design. The main part of the design will be will be in a sheet metal/ fabrication environment where you will be modifying and designing chassis to withhold extra weight that standard chassis are not able to. The products are large scale bespoke vehicles such as material handling equipment and HGV’s. You will have an input into the final designs and will be expected to add value to all projects.
The company are a manufacturer of highly technical vehicles for a wide range of industries, the company design products which can be electrical, electronic and mechanical so it is a very interesting and busy design office. The mechanical design team is made up of 4 engineers managing 1 to 3 projects at once.
To apply for the post you must have 3D design experience within a sheet metal/fabrication environment. The candidate will ideally have experience designing vehicle parts to meet regulations.
* 3D mechanical design of specialist vehicle adaptations for manufacture.
* Design of light, medium and heavy sheet metal/fabrication.
* Designing in line with vehicle regulations
The person required:
* Ability to Create 3D drawings with AutoDesk Inventor.
* Have experience in a Sheet metal fabrication manufacturing environment.
* Have a strong attention to detail and problem solving
* Computer literate
* Live within easy commutable distance of Bristol and hold a full UK driving licence.