Construction Project Manager
About The Facility
HCA Healthcare UK is the country's largest provider of privately funded healthcare with 800,000 patient interactions every year.From pioneering complex care, urgent care, to primary care, outpatient and day-case treatment, we provide exceptional care across our network of facilities and key NHS partnerships in London and Manchester.
HCA is built on sustained investment with over £500m invested into its facilities and people in the last decade; with a focus on new technology and innovations in complex care, to further improve standards of excellence.
HCA operates 6 world-class hospitals across the capital, including The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital and The Wellington Hospital plus a number of outpatients and diagnostic centres including HCA at The Shard and Roodlane Medical Centres.
The successful business growth of HCA continues and has a number of new healthcare sites opening in 2017 and 2018. .
HCA is actively seeking to recruit an experienced Healthcare Construction Project Manager to be based from Great Portland Street, London, to lead and facilitate construction projects throughout the hospital sites and outpatient facilities in London network.
Reporting to the Director of Estates and Construction, this role will appoint and lead external teams of consultants, including respective teams such as architects, designers and suppliers
in the successful delivery of each project exceeding profitability targets whilst maintaining a safe working patient environment. This may include new builds and refurbishment projects potentially within the budgets of £350,000 to £1,000,000
The successful candidate will be initially employed for a fixed term contract of 6 months and will be responsible for overseeing the full cycle of Construction Project Management from conception through to completion in this period. Ensuring accurate brief capture and establishment of clear lines of communication throughout the project lifecycle
A competitive salary of £70,000 per annum is available and the role has potential scope to become permanent for the right individual.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act in the role of client project manager for capital projects in the built environment across HCA Healthcare UK. Delivering high quality solutions on time, to the right scope, and on budget, with minimum levels of disruption to hospital and corporate operations.
- Successful day-to-day initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project, directing a multi-disciplinary team through the project to ensure deadlines are met ensuring that detailed programmes are drawn up for each stage
- Leading the tender process for projects, including tender specification, tender evaluation, and final recommendation.
- Ensure that all stakeholders are kept up to date with works progress, identify any aspects of the project which have significant potential to cause disputes or additional costs to be incurred and resolve as appropriate. Communicate appropriately with the hospitals' teams to optimise development of project solutions and ensure that concept and delivery is balanced with operational need.
Skills & Experience
- Construction project management experience in the healthcare industry
Proven track record in delivering client side multi-disciplinary projects, with a solid grasp of the construction process from briefing through to post-completion
- Firm understanding of Mechanical and Engineering provisions within a healthcare setting
- Proven track record in delivering infrastructure and asset projects
- Strong analytical ability and exceptional attention to detail
- Competent communication skills, comfortable with presenting to Exec level / Board members
About The Individual
The successful candidate will be joining the project management team at a very exciting time of business growth. An immediate start is available to a candidate that possesses the expertise and require the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to have an immediate impact to deliver results.