Expenses / Accounts Payable Specialist
Our client a Market Leading International business based in Woking, Surrey are currently recruiting for an Expenses /Accounts Payable Specialist to join the team due to company growth
Our client a Market Leading International business based in Woking, Surrey are currently recruiting for an Expenses / Accounts Payable Specialist to join the team due to company growth
As an Expenses / Accounts Payable Specialist based from the Woking, Surrey office you will be responsible for:
The Employee Expenses Specialist will be responsible for the timely processing of all employee expenses and will provide general back up for accounts payable processing. Initially this role will also involve assisting the AP Team Leader Transitioning work from other UK locations, and helping to establish robust and reliable processes. Some travel may be required in the first few months of the role.
- Ensure efficient and effective, "right first time" processing of employee expenses in the Employee Expenses applications and posting to the General Ledger.
- Ensure that all outstanding employee expenses are submitted on a monthly basis and that all outstanding expenses are tracked and followed up on.
- Ensure that all expenses with receipts outstanding are coded correctly in the General Ledger.
- Ensure that expenses are properly authorized and coded, and that VAT is correctly accounted for.
- Ensure that are expenses are in compliance with Corporate employee expenses policy
- Compliance with agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Turnaround Times (TATs)
- Measurement of performance through metrics and key performance indicators (e.g. aging of expenses outstanding, turnaround times.)
- Ensure other company policies are adhered to (e.g. approval matrix, financial guidelines, etc.)
- Ensure that local tax and statutory legislation are adhered to
- Working and liaising closely with the general ledger team, and other appropriate teams.
- Working as back up for Accounts payable processing as required.
Business Optimization / Insights
- Support implementation of enabling technologies, e.g. expenses applications and scanning initiatives.
Finance Policy and Controls
- Reconciliation of employee expenses on a monthly basis
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) internal control requirements.
- Assist with internal and external audits where required
- Working effectively with other teams within the Shared Services Centre.
- Required to accurately record and control a large number of expenses whilst working to tight deadlines
- Strong experience in Expenses / Accounts Payable processing, shared services experience preferable but not essential
- Experience with working in teams.
- Experience with processing expenses and supplier invoices in ERP systems. SAP/JDE experience preferable but not essential
- Can-do attitude, energetic, forward-thinker with strong ability to multi-task.
- Strong customer service focus.
Salary £23,000 - £25,000, 25 days holiday, Strong Contributory Pension Scheme, Private Health-care. Parking onsite and other benefits