My client an award winning Insurance company who provides an exceptional level of services to all its client and customers are currently seeking a Claims Executive to join them on a full time at their head office in London less then 10 minutes walk from Fenchurch Street, working Monday - Friday 9-5
The candidate will be responsible for the management of a portfolio of mainly non-motor Commercial Insurance claims.
The candidate will be responsible for the pro-active management of all claims from cradle to grave, whilst always aware of the Client’s needs throughout the process.
The candidate will be involved in both Major / Large and Complex losses (to individually agreed authority level) and therefore should have the technical experience and expertise to negotiate successful settlement and conclusion.
Involvement in Large and Complex losses will involve meeting Clients, Loss Adjusters and Insurers and therefore the candidate should have the appropriate meeting experience and skills.
The candidate will work closely with all Corporate Client teams, specifically the trading teams and Risk Management.
Duties will include:-
- · Having a full and detailed understanding of the claims operations and have the ability to think independently to identify individual strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to drive excellence in all areas. ?
- · Taking full responsibility of claims allocation and manage the claims process from cradle to grave appropriately. This includes the negotiating and contesting of claims which have been repudiated and providing broking arguments to support ex-gratia request and payment where suitable and necessary. ?
- · Attending Client's premises following Large or Complex losses and providing assistance to investigate any case law / relevant facts which aide satisfactory settlement and conclusion. ?
- · Monitoring and analysing claim trends to be discussed and reviewed with Risk Management where necessary and findings / recommendations presented to Account Executive for them to action as appropriate. ?
- · Making Claims Directors and Account Executives aware of all repudiations are for each to be verified. If decision agreed, in conjunction with Claims Director, repudiations to be put forward to Client in an appropriate manner and if not agreed, for the matter to be managed through to final decision. This should be actioned in accordance with directions from Claims Director and broking staff responsible for the Client. ?
- · Building and developing close working relationships at a senior level with each of our partners, including Insurers and Loss Adjusters. ?
- · Ensuring compliance with all agreed company standards and procedures including Treating Customers Fairly (TCF). ?
- · Setting and achieving high standards. ?
- · Keeping up-to-date with new products and new markets. ?
- · Creating and maintaining an open early warning's culture ensuring that ?issues / potential E&O’s are identified and addressed at an early stage. ?
- · Ensuring that there are clear lines of communication throughout the team. The sharing of all relevant information both internally and to the ?
Corporate Client Division.
- · Interacting with the new business teams and providing assistance in ?securing new Clients with a focus on our 'Excellence in Claims’ ?offering. ?
- · Projecting a professional image of the Corporate Claims Division at all ?times. ?
- · Sharing/providing input for the Corporate Claims monthly newsletters / ?factsheets. ?
- · Having an advanced understanding of core Commercial insurances ?and insurance principles. ?
- · Providing support and guidance to junior members and others around ?the team and Division in relation to claims matters. ?
- · Crafting and maintaining relationships with Insurers, Loss Adjusters ?and Third Party Providers that are built on trust and respect and at a ?senior level. ?
- · Building solid relationships with all Corporate Client teams. ?
- · Keeping accurate and up-to-date computer system notes. ?
- · Maintaining full accountability and responsibility for claim allocation. ?
- · Ensuring that all written correspondence to clients is professional, clear ?and concise. ?
- · Providing Insurer and Third Party feedback. ?
- · Being aware of, and understanding, FCA regulations. ?
- · Keeping abreast with legislative and regulatory changes and analysing ?the impact from a claims perspective and keeping up to date on case ?law and training the team on implications arising there from. ?
- · Attending insurance events outside of working hours, representing the ?business in a professional manner. ?
- · Taking ownership of own Personal Development Plan (PDP) and ?setting own objectives. ?
· Being involved in project work when required.
Annual bonus (dependent on company performance)
Contributory Pension scheme
Critical illness insurance
Income Protection insurance (PHI) Funding for CII studies
Please apply immediately to progress your application for this genuinely exciting career opportunity if you fulfil the required criteria as detailed above or please contact Chloe at Armstrong Knight