Purchase Ledger / Financial Transactions Processor
My client, an international Law Firm with their Head Office based in Sheffield, are looking to recruit a Purchase Ledger to join their busy and diverse Accounts department.
As a Purchase Ledger you will provide administrative/accounts support to the Transactions team. Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
* Providing essential and integral support to the finance department.
* Processing payments both incoming and outgoing, on the ledger and on the relevant bank, paying strict attention to detail.
* Processing foreign payments from the firm and subsidiary companies, managing a heavy workload, working as a team.
* Being the first point of contact between relevant Fee Earners and the banks to establish/deal with any existing issues.
* Meeting strict deadlines for payments on several banking systems.
* Matching ledgers to accounts statements, responding to payment requests from Fee Earners when details don't meet requirements.
To be successful in this role we are looking for individuals who are confident working with complex data, with a pioneering attitude when it comes to problem solving. You must also be approachable and caring towards clients and colleagues. You will have a passion for working as a team, a drive to succeed in finance role and possess a minimum of 5 GCSEs Grades C or above (including maths and English) or equivalent. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a Credit Reference and a Basic CRB Disclosure check.
In addition to your basic salary between £14,000 and £16,000 our client is able to offer we have a competitive benefits package including pension, critical illness cover, health cash plan, death in service, discounted legal services and 25 days holiday (this increases with length of service). This is a fantastic opportunity to establish a career within a large scale accounts department of a well-known and very well established Legal Firm.
For more information in relation to this role, please contact James Preskey on or apply online today!