About The Facility
The Wellington Hospital in London is the largest independent hospital in the United Kingdom. It has an international reputation for outstanding care in areas of medicine including cardiac services, neurosurgery, liver Critical Care Services and HPB medicine, rehabilitation, gynaecology, orthopaedics and many others.
This role is based at our Endoscopy Centre. Newly refurbished, the centre offers a full range of upper and lower GI Endoscopic investigations and treatments, including Endoscopic Ultrasound. A dedicated X-ray screening room also supports the area allowing consultants to accurately perform new and often intricate techniques.
Three Endoscopy suites are equipped with the very latest in videoscopy technology which provides the operators with high definition image capture, including still photography of procedures undertaken. An integrated patient reporting and audit software system supports all our endoscopy procedures ensuring the highest standards of patient care and safety. Detailed reports, with high definition images are available in a number of formats, within minutes of the procedure.
The centre has 12 specifically designed en-suite recovery bays which have been built in a traditional open style recovery ward; increasing privacy, cleanliness and comfort for each patient.
The unit has a team approach, bringing together for the benefit of patients, the combined experience of consultants specialising in upper and lower gastro intestinal conditions together with specialists in endoscopy.
To work as part of the Endoscopy team to provide effective, research-based care.
Take responsibility for the assessment, planning implementation and delivery of high-quality programmes of patient care.
To be responsible for running procedure lists and be included in the On call support service to the
Salary: £31,630 to £35,822 dependent on experience
Closing date for applications: 16th April 2017
Duties & Responsibilities
- Rotational participation in Endoscopy On Call Rota.
- Take appropriate action when absence occurs or is expected.
- Conduct continuous supervision and revision of staff resources in an effective and cost efficient way
- Provide appropriate support and advice, utilising members of the MDT as required.
- Assisting Consultant with the various Endoscopic procedures,
- Record, monitor and interpret patient's vital signs.
- Report to nurse in charge appropriately when required.
- Attend Adult Basic Life Support/ILS training
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- NMC Registration
- ENB course/experience in Endoscopy
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures
- Health and Safety training
- Experience of working in an Outpatient department would be advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Demonstrable experience in working in a busy, changing environment
- Lifting and Handling
About The Individual
The successful candidate will be highly organised, with good attention to detail and a team-centric attitude to delivering results. You will be confident in communicating with people at all levels, maintaining a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received