Technical Sales Engineer - East/West Midlands
Fluid Solutions are a supplier of specialist cutting oils, lubricants and technical support to precision engineering customers located around the UK. We are recruiting a Technical Sales Engineer to cover an existing territory in the East/West Midlands. This is a great opportunity to work within a company who are investing heavily in building a professional sales/support structure throughout the UK.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining existing customers & growing revenue year on year through proactive sales with new and current customers. You will be responsible for all aspects of the sales cycle from initial prospecting to developing long-term relationships with customers.
- Identifying and developing prospective and existing customer business opportunities.
- Offer a high degree of technical support to existing customers throughout the territory.
- Build strong relationships with customers to build a long-term customer/supplier partnership.
- Ensure all customer information is recorded on the appropriate IT systems.
- Offer technical advice in order to sell our oils and services.
- Liaise with our customer support team to prepare technical proposals and quotations.
- A background in Engineering/Manufacturing
- Able to demonstrate a good level of PC & IT skills
- A good appreciation of modern metal cutting processes and experience within manufacturing machine tools and the factory environment will be beneficial
- Previous role in Technical Sales / Applications within an industrial environment is useful but not essential
- Good written & verbal communication skills at all levels to deliver sales presentations, instructions & training to customers
- Energy, enthusiasm and self-motivation to meet company goals
- An ability to take ownership of tasks and problems to a conclusion is needed
- Self-motivation and the ability to work alone out in the field as well as part of our team
- A full UK driving license with at least 5 years driving experience
- Starting salary dependant on qualifications/experience from £24K-£30K
- Good commission/bonus package on existing and new business
- A suitable company car, laptop, mobile phone and PPE provided
- A company credit card for business expenses
- A company pension plan with auto enrolment available
- 23 days paid holiday per year + public holidays