Senior Structural Engineer
We are looking for a Chartered Structural Engineer looking for your next big project?
Have you a proven track record of managing large scale construction?
Are you experienced in the civil engineering field within Steel Structures/ Concrete frames?
Do you hold a Master’s Degree in Civil/Structural engineering?
Do You live in Sheffield or the surrounding area ?
- We are looking for our ideal candidate to have a Masters Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering (or Equivalent) and be Chartered or working towards with ICE or IStrucTE.
- The structural design of Steel Frame,
- Concrete Frame,
- Portal Frame and Traditional Domestic structures,
- A knowledge of software packages such as MasterSeries and CSC Fastrak,
- Strand7 to assist with calculations and structural design,
- The preparation and review of drawings and detailing of the systems designed,
- Report writing and preparation of design quotes,
- The supervision and checking and signing off work,
- The coordination of work with engineers of other disciplines,
- To attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them,
- Good commercial and financial awareness of project costings.
- We review our salaries twice a year and apply a personal approach to rewarding staff on good performance.
- We offer a contributory pension scheme
- Life insurance alongside
- Generous holiday allowance of up to 26 days’ annual holiday
- Discounted health cash plan which can assist with several every day medical costs e.g. dental and optical.
We work on a variety of structural work ranging from Building Restoration to Commercial and Retail, High Rise and Low Rise Housing Developments and Public Buildings. Some of our most recent projects have been with Sheffield University, Sheffield Children’s Hospital, Tata Steel, Sheffield Wednesday Football Club and Sheffield United.
If you think you have the necessary skills and experience within this industry, then we want to hear from you.