Health and Saftey Rep
Job Title: Health & Safety representative
Salary £25,000 - £27,000
Holiday 24 days plus bank holidays
My client is a precast concrete business with a difference. Innovation and diversification is the key to our success. We are a market - leading manufacturer of concrete products, with extensive production facilities in Somerset and Yorkshire, with associated offices located in Scotland, the North, Midlands and Southern England.
They currently employ 350 personnel across the company.
Overview of the job:
Reporting to the company Health, Safety and Environment Manager, he 2 Health and Safety Representatives will be located at our primary sites of Mells South and Pollington North and will be responsible for ensuring compliance with documented H&S policy and adherence to any current legislation at company sites within their location in conjunction with the company Health, Safety and Environment manager.
· To oversee health and safety adherence on all sites within their location remit by carrying out daily works tours with supervisors of individual departments.
· To carry out risk assessments and safe systems of work for all processes to include COSHH.
· To maintain, implement and improve the Company Health and Safety manual in line with current legislation in conjunction with the Company Health, Safety and Environment manager.
· To ensure compliance with current UK legislation on all sites
· Knowledge of relevant Health & Safety codes of practice in line with your area of responsibility.
· Chair meeting as instructed by the company health, safety and environmental manager
· To work with factory staff at all levels to achieve acceptable minimum H&S standards.
· To identify areas of improvement where necessary
· To work with the company to achieve a target of zero accidents
· To attend customer sites and liaise with customers to discuss their H&S needs as required
· To liaise with office management to ensure H&S compliance with office locations
· To be able to present H&S training material to all levels of staff and carry out inductions on H&S issues as required
Key skills and attitudes:
· IOSH managing Safety (Minimum requirement)
· NEBOSH general certificate or working towards this
· Experience in a similar role
· Computer literate - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Prepared to level between my client locations - must hold a valid driving licence
· Good communication skills with staff at all levels
· To be able to attend regular H&S factory and office meeting
· Wish to commit to further education to achieve enhanced suitable qualifications
· Confidence to present H&S training materials to all levels of staff
· Able to induct employees on H&s requirements