An exciting opportunity has arisen for a new Marketing Manager to be based at Osprey Europe’s Headquarters in Poole, Dorset.
Osprey Europe was established in the UK in 2003 to handle supply of Osprey products to the European market and to increase its global recognition as an industry leader.
The role of Marketing Manager is an essential appointment in the Company and to apply you must have knowledge and experience of:
- European marketing
- Working in a marketing role within the outdoor industry
- Brand development
- Internet and social media strategy
- Leading a marketing team
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the role will provide the following:
- Overall accountability for marketing and positioning of the Osprey brand in Europe
- Planning and leadership to the Marketing team
- Ongoing liaison and relationships with internal and external parties
- A long term marketing strategy for the brand to increase market presence
- Creative input to the Company and brand
- Overall responsibility for, sponsorship, including of athletes, events, sponsorship requests; retail point of sale design and distribution.
- Ensure trade shows, sales meetings and events are successfully organised within budget
- Attendance at trade shows, sales meetings and events both within and outside of the UK
You must be able to ensure the appropriate structures, systems, competencies and values are adopted and developed within the Marketing team. Part of your responsibilities will also be to continually identify new and innovative methods to create and enhance the Company’s content for the brand, develop the seasonal marketing plan with respect to strategic market planning and market research programmes, and take control of the marketing budget. You will be expected to create and execute marketing campaigns, analyse and report on the effectiveness of marketing efforts and manage media, external PR agencies and in house PR.
You will have the ability to lead a team and possess excellent planning skills and commercial understanding. To support the Company’s advancement you must have demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods. You will possess creativity and insight and the ability to instil enthusiasm in others. Preferably you will have knowledge and experience of outdoor, bike and sports retailers and you must be prepared to travel both within and outside of the UK.
- £50,000 p.a.
- Annual Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- 29 days holiday (including Bank Holidays) increasing to 33 with length of service
- Discounts on products
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Fun, dynamic, relaxed and professional company culture
California 1974. Osprey was born at the seat of a single sewing machine with a head full of ideas and a desire to design & build innovative backpacks to the highest standards.
Since those humble beginnings Osprey has built a worldwide reputation and distribution network that holds true to those founding principles.
Today Osprey packs are continuing that early pioneering spirit of daily adventure, from the highest mountains to the remotest islands and everywhere in between.