Head of Maths
Head of Maths
Start Date: September 2017
Local Authority: Lewisham
Age range: Secondary and 16 to 18
Type: Mainstream Sponsored Academy with 1300 students
Results: Progress 8 Score is -0.43
Salary: Inner London MPS/UPS with TLR attached
We are looking to hear from any Maths teachers or Head of Maths looking to take on a new career in a new school. We are looking for a Head of Maths who is looking to work within a department of excellent teachers. Due to a change within the middle management, the school are keen to hear from Head of Maths teachers, or experienced teachers looking for progression within their career.
The Academy offers Mathematics at Key Stage 3, at GCSE and at Post 16 Level. They are looking for an innovative and forwardlooking individual who can inspire students and contribute fully to a very active Mathematics team. A keen interest/experience in Gifted & Talented, SEN and Assessment for Learning initiatives is essential.
About the Role:
- Lead on and develop all aspects of Maths in the school
- Lead on curriculum development at KS4 and A level
- Inducting NQT's into the department
- Identifying new resources with ICT applications to Maths
- Meet with Senior Leaders and contribute to whole school planning
- You will maintain a high level of student behaviour and care
- Lead on collection of student data and reporting
- Provide strategic leadership on delivering the Numeracy Plan
- Develop lunchtime and after-school enrichment activates
- Teaching Degree with QTS
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Can teach Maths to KS3 and 4
- Experience with curriculum and/or pastoral development
- Experience in Teaching KS5 is not essential.
- Experience in departmental, or whole school, strategic planning.
- Proven track record of raising literacy standards
- Demonstrable record in raising student attainment
- Enjoys the humour and diversity of children
- A clear Enhanced DBS check
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the students.
If you can demonstrate these qualities apply with your CV and references ASAP.
For more information and a details job description please contact Gloria at or on
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.