Nigel Wright Group are delighted to be working with a reputable business in the County Durham area and supporting with the recruitment of an Assistant Accountant. This purpose of this role is to support the accurate provision and reporting of financial information related to the manufacturing plant. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is keen to work within a forward thinking business, in a varied role.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Analysing and verifying data accuracy of project time recording in SAP, liaising and presenting back to operations team.
- Gain a broad understanding of the internal process of the manufacturing facility and how these processes are reflected in SAP in order to understand the cost drivers within the business.
- Liaise with and report to London based, Project Controllers on the cost recovery of manufacturing site and the allocation of costs to Project against budget.
- Working with the finance and operations team, develop a process for the reporting of all SAP recorded manufacturing hours with the aim of ensuring 100% of hours are recorded by person by section which can be measured against a predetermined target with ultimate aim of improving site labour efficiency.
- Analysis and reporting of the recorded manufacturing hours and ensure this information is understood and reported to the operations management team suggesting corrective action where necessary
- Working with the Management Accountant in refining a month end process to ensure accurate recording and reporting of costs to both internal and head office management.
- Undertake investigations into financial irregularities/variances and where appropriate, make corrective actions and report back to the head of department
- Liaising with the finance department of our overseas sister plants in reporting of site KPI`s and carrying out cost benchmarking exercises.
- Ensure the accuracy of materials allocated to the various projects/production orders via material variance reporting to the operation team management highlighting any issues and corrective action where appropriate
- Assist in forecasting site inventory to ensure that inventory levels are controlled across the site and remain within acceptable levels
- Provide support to budget holders with overhead control through constant review, feedback and presentation and ensure internal processes are adhered to.
- Working with the Management Accountant and the operations team in the development, creation reporting of daily/weekly & periodic KPI`s
- Support the Management Accountant with fixed asset control for the site ensuring the site fixed asset register is up to date and asset tagging reflects that on the register
- Working with the Financial Controller and Management Accountant in the creation of a robust Excel based financial forecast tool for rolling monthly, annual and longer term budget/forecasting.
- Offering support to management in carrying out various financial analysis aimed at improving financial performance.
- Ensure business processes are followed and, where possible, identify and improve internal controls
- Liaise with colleagues, including non-finance staff, around the business for any day to day or adhoc issues including the provision of information into project financial controllers
- Providing cover for the Management Accountant when not on site.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as may be required.
As the ideal candidate you will have previous experience of working within a manufacturing capacity and have a working knowledge of SAP. You will have advanced Excel skills including the use of Pivot tables and Look-ups.