Commis Chef/ Catering Assistant
Commis Chef/ Catering Assistant:
£18-£20K depending on experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced commis chef to join an independent catering company close to Wallingford in Oxfordshire area.
Our client is a successful and prestigious caterer who specializes in BBQ style cuisine and in the last decade have become the experts in anything cooked over flames: Argentine Asado, Portuguese Churrasco, Italian Wood Fired Pizzas, Thai Sticky BBQ, Indian Tandoor, South African Braai, English Lamb & Hog Roasts, American Bar-B-Ques etc.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative and quality focused Commis Chef to join the team. You must have good food production and presentation skills, the ability to organise effectively and work alone or as part of the team.
- To prepare and present food to the highest standards, as directed by the Head Chef / Sous Chef.
- To clean and maintain cleanliness of kitchen work and assist all Chefs as and when required.
- Ensure designated area is ready for the start of service
- Carry out all cleaning duties allocated in accordance with the unit cleaning schedule
- Carry out mise-en-place
- Monitor stockholding of perishable items delegated, and rotate stock effectively
- Adhere to all Company and contract rules and regulations
This is a hands-on role where you will work within the kitchen brigade and work in aspects of food production, presentation and service. We are looking for a proactive forward thinking ambitious Commis Chef who will perform consistently in line with the company's high standards.
- Are you a super friendly & happy person with a great sense of humour?
- Are you prepared to go the extra mile or 3 for our valued clients?
- Do you have some knowledge of BBQ Style Cuisine?
- Will you be prepared to offer up your valuable weekends to do some hard grafting?
- Similar experience in a Commis position.
- Minimum of 2 years' Experience
- 5 days/week with possibility of overtime.
- Ideally 40 hrs/week but flexible approach to working hours.
If you feel you have the above qualities and more, and you want to work within a forward-thinking company whose passion for food, people development & excellent customer / client service is second to none - then we want to hear from you.