Stoma Community Nurse Specialist
As a Stoma Community Nurse Specialist you'll work autonomously across South / East Staffordshire, focusing on high quality patient care and home delivery service.
- Support GPs and Community Nurses / District Nurses by advising on best practice through clinical patient reviews to improve patient care. Run Nurse led clinics to implement clinical and product reviews, and offer clinical appointments to existing patients. Become the go-to stoma care expert.
- Build trusting relationships with and advise Community Nurses, District Nurses, GPs, CCGs and MMGs on the prescribing of stoma products by offering GP review clinics, home visits and through feedback of results. Liaise with Hospital and Community teams to ensure a high standard patient of care.
- Produce, analyse and monitor patient data to identify patients and monitor prescription costs.
- Hours: Monday to Friday 9.00 am - 5.00 pm with no unsociable hours.
There are two positions available: one covers Burton upon Trent, Uttoxeter, Rugeley and Burntwood, the other covers Tamworth, Lichfield and Cannock.
A well established, award-winning and patient-centred company ensuring significant improvements to patients' quality of life before and following stoma/ostomy formation. The company provides excellent employee training and ongoing development.
- Registered Nurse with at least two years post registration experience, with expertise in stoma / ostomy / colorectal patient care as a Community Nurse or District Nurse.
- Clear and confident communication skills, with the ability to positively influence others.
- Able to plan, implement and manage own time effectively; working autonomously and flexibly (following training) in order to meet patient and service needs.
- Commercially aware; able to interpret data, generate reports and plan a course of action.
- NMC registered, with a full UK driving licence.
- Salary of approx. £28-34,000, depending on experience, plus fully expensed company car.
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Healthcare, Child Care Vouchers, Life Assurance.
- 25 days per annum (plus 8 Bank Holidays) rising to 27 days after 5 years' service.
- Personal development plans with regular product and skills training.
Call, email or apply now for full details…
(Keywords: Stoma, Colostomy, Ostomy, Colorectal, Faecal, Fecal, Fistula, Community, CCG, CCGs, Continence, Incontinence, Bowel Management, Urology, Nurse Advisor, Nurse Adviser, Clinical Specialist, Clinical Application Specialist, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Community Nurse, District Nurse, Stafford, Tamworth, Lichfield, Cannock, Burton Upon Trent, Rugeley, Burntwood, Uttoxeter).