fdu is recruiting for a Group Finance Director (GFD) for a multinational consumer goods company based in Milton Keynes. Over recent years our Client has experienced continuous growth across Europe and further afield, and is now looking to hire a GFD to ensure further growth while maintaining operational efficiencies.
Reporting to both the Vice President (VP) International and the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) based in the USA, our Client is looking for someone who has experience within the consumer goods/distribution, multi-site sectors, and can enable Finance to support a number of geographical regions across Europe and Latin America. This person will be a vital link in the organisation, responsible for strategic financial planning and analysis, financial operational performance, compliance and reporting.
The successful Candidate must possess drive and ambition to partner with the VP International to drive the business forward. Experience of managing international entities is of key importance and managing relationships to the Parent company in the USA. Any experience of reporting to a US entity will be of added value.
This role will ideally be suited to either a Divisional or Regional Finance Director or someone looking to step into their first role as Finance Director. You will be "hands on" and a "true contributor" and have the experience of working within a fast moving, fast-growth business, ideally from an FMCG, Retail or consumer goods organisation which has international presence.
- A Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA or CIMA).
- Ideally from a FMCG, Retail/distribution or Consumer goods industry sector.
- Experience of working within an international organisation, managing European and/or American subsidiaries.
- Ideally someone who is looking for their first step into a Finance Director position.
- Able to operate at a strategic level yet manage all aspects of financial control and reporting.
- Demonstrable experience with implementing processes and procedures to meet "best practice".
- Driven, ambitious and flexible approach.
- UK Gaap and / or IFRS will be of value.