The polkadotfrog team is currently working with a leading global distribution company rapidly expanding within Cambridge and are looking for a Building Technician to be responsible for managing the day to day helpdesk requests, reactive moves, assisting with contractor escorting and static engineering assistance requests.
- Experience in dealing with helpdesk requests and answering trouble tickets.
- Assist with post room duties and receipt of parcels.
- Assist IT support with loading and unloading of IT equipment and new hire IT set up.
- Small works, painting, lock, door handles, plumbing, electrical and carpentry.
- General Janitorial duties - unblocking toilets, rubbish removal etc.
- Replace defective light bulbs.
- Assist with internal moves.
- Understand and comply with health and safety requirements at all times and work in a safe manner.
- Ensure they were suitable PPE where required and understand all the risks in association with the tasks they are undertaking.
- Able to carry out risk assessments relevant to the task.
- Carry out building fabric audits.
- Support the building operations co-ordinator (BOC) and facilities team where required.
- Collate utility metre reading monthly.
- Problem Solving
- Carpentry skills
- Electrical knowledge
- Knowledge of Phillips lighting systems
- IT skills - use of Microsoft office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant skills and would like to apply please call our team asap.
Whilst we would love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven't heard from us within 5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
polkadotfrog Ltd is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. Our team of Specialist Consultants have the skills, experience and passion to deliver a professional, personal and quality service. Our mission is to build long-term relationships and help clients and candidates find the perfect match.
With offices in Cambridge, Ipswich and Norwich we specialise in the Office Support, Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR, IT, Legal and Shipping & Transport sectors across all levels.