New Business Development Executive
My client is seeking an ambitious New Business Development Executive, details below:
The role of the New Business Development Executive is to develop new business opportunities and revenue in line with the company’s growth, profit, and product mix objectives, as agreed from time to time.
Supported by our marketing and account management teams, you will be responsible for selling services to a diverse range of clients. You will be required to deal with incoming leads, both over the phone as well as in face-to-face meetings with prospects.
The role is based in our Newcastle office with some travel involved to meet prospective clients across the UK.
This is an exciting opportunity for a proactive, ambitious sales person to join our established and growing agency. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial mind, and will be proactive and able to demonstrate great enthusiasm and motivation.
You will have around 2-3 years’ experience working in the field of digital marketing and you will possess strong organisation skills. You will be confident and out-going with the ability to communicate effectively with clients and partners to meet their needs.
Required personal attributes
- A very high level of personal ambition, drive, and determination.
- Emotionally objective - doesn’t get emotionally involved in the sale.
- The ability to control the sales process to ensure 'selling cycles’ are as efficient as is possible.
- Highly positive outlook regarding the company, products, and market.
- Willing and able to take responsibility
- Well developed problem solving skills - can think 'outside the box’
- Commercially aware - understands that not all business is 'good’ business.
- Excellent people skills - quickly generates 'rapport’ with prospects.
- Good decision making ability - takes appropriate, timely, but considered action.
- Money motivated.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a customer facing role in a digital agency environment.
- A demonstrable record of achieving business goals.
- Experience of communicating with 'C’ level executives.
- Plan, prioritise, and perform personal sales behaviours and activities to identify and pursue target markets, target clients, and target services mix at a level at least in line with the company’s strategic growth objectives.
- As a minimum, meet monthly, quarterly, half & full year revenue targets for 'new win’ business.
- Manage the timely hand-over of new business to the account management team.
- Complete daily and weekly all relevant sections of the 'Sales Accountability’ tool provided. Keep line manager appraised on deviations from agreed plans and activity targets, together with plans to correct.
- Maintain and develop all computerised customer and prospect databases.
- Respond in a timely, and professional manner to all new sales enquiries by post, telephone, and personal visits.
- Attend all planned training to develop relevant knowledge and skills. Use all possible endeavours to consistently, competently, and diligently apply such knowledge and skills
- Take all necessary actions to ensure competent understanding of the required levels of product, market, and competitor knowledge, consistent with achieving the above.