Technical Advisor - Wood Flooring / Substrates
An exciting new role exists with a leading supplier of high-end, contemporary wood flooring, tiles, mosaic and stone to the Architectural and Design community. Very well established, this company has an enviable reputation for their large portfolio of prestigious projects which ranges from hotels, restaurants, transport hubs and leisure centres. They provide product design and selection services as well as technical and specification advice.
Due to impressive growth, they are now looking to add someone to their dynamic team, to provide technical advice on both their wood and tile business, acting as support to their sales teams. This will involve site visits with Architects and Contractors to offer technical support regarding product, installations and quality control.
As this is a brand new role within this highly established, forward-thinking company, the responsibilities detailed below offer a snapshot of the role, which will develop as you make it your own.
* You will respond to site requests from the business on both their Wood and Tile products.
* Offer technical advice regarding substrate suitability and cleaning and maintenance enquiries.
* Site measuring and take offs, and providing advice on installation.
* Advice and resolution of product failures where applicable, and dealing with customer complaints.
* Delivery checking on certain projects.
* Participation in forming the technical guidance documents which are provided to customers.
* Writing and checking M40 and M10 documents.
Essential requirements for this role include a knowledge of the wood flooring or possibly resilient flooring sector, with detailed experience with substrates.
Good numeracy and literacy are important, as well as proven problem solving abilities, a high level of self-motivation and a good sense of both teamwork and individual working. Excellent interpersonal skills are also a key requirement.
As most of the contracts are based in or around London, you need to be situated close to London, though this role can accomodate some remote working, tying in with your site visits. There will also be site visits across the UK from time to time, so flexibility is required, along with a full UK driving licence.
The salary displayed may be negotiable for the right person, and a car allowance and other benefits will be provided.
Please apply immediately if you have the essential requirements listed above.