Assistant Accountant - Luxury Retail - Central London
Our Client is a highly reputable brand within luxury dining and beverages operating across Europe, Asia and the Middle East. They offer over 200 product lines and won 100 awards including Pentawards for product innovation within luxury beverages. They are currently looking to recruit a an Assistant Accountant to be based out of their UK Head Office in Central London.
Reporting to the Senior Accountant & Head of Finance, principle duties will include;
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Receiving and processing all invoices, expense forms and requests for payments
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Updating and managing petty cash
- Recording, paying multi-currency bank transactions and writing cheques
- Assist in the preparation of income statements and other financial statements for month end / year end
- Assist with monthly Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Assist with other accounting projects
- BSc/BA Hons Degree in accounting, finance or relevant field.
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, Excel and familiarity with SAGE
- ACCA or CIMA early stage studier.
Not the right role for you? If you know someone who is, why not recommend them to us!. You could receive £250 worth of vouchers upon a successful placement on a permanent basis. (Salary dependent). Please note, due to the volume of responses we receive, if you do not hear from us within 14 days, then on this occasion your CV was unsuccessful.