We are currently working with the UK's leading steel stockholding, processing and distribution business who are currently looking for a Quality Engineer for their site in Leeds
Based in Leeds and reporting to the Group Quality Manager the role of Quality Engineer is to Design, implement, and evaluate quality assurance systems, procedures, and statistical techniques; design or specify inspection and testing processes and equipment; analyses production and service limitations and standards; recommends revision of internal or purchase specifications when indicated.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Will work closely with the site management teams to ensure compliance with customer specific quality requirements
- Will work closely with the Business Development Team, site Quality representatives and operational teams in ensuring all orders are completed fully, on time and that product & document quality requirements are consistently achieved
- Drives improvement of process capability resulting in a reduction of associated costs of Non-conformity.
- Will routinely have direct contact with customers to ensure quality requirements are fully understood and that internal processes are implemented and maintained to assure that these requirements are met.
- Will regularly have direct contact with suppliers as the main site point of contact for all new sector related supplier quality audits and Improvement activities.
The ideal candidate for the position of Quality Engineer will ideally be familiar with the steel industry, however other pre-requisites that would stand you in good stead for the role include:
- The holder of this role must have substantial Operational or Quality experience from the manufacturing or stockholding sectors
- Knows CE Regulation requirements and be familiar with Factory Production Control systems (FPC).
- Experience of dealing directly with customers regarding quality concerns, general Audits, and continual improvement activities.
- Trained in Internal Auditing. To undertake group audits (Internal) along with key supplier site audits (External). Work closely with site quality to develop external schedule with key suppliers in line with purchasing structure.
- Has strong influencing skills and is able to demonstrate their use to deliver change across multiple business functions
- Understanding of Test certification requirements and verification.
The Company and Benefits
The company is the largest stockholder & distributor in its field in the UK and Ireland, and a key member of the larger parent group. They are also one of the leading service centre companies in the European and American markets combined.
They have invested over £15 million in processing equipment over the last few years putting them at the forefront of the metal processing industry. They have equally been investing in their people, they provide on-going training within Quality, Leadership and NVQs to ensure their people have all the tools they need to succeed.
In return for your skills and expertise, they will provide you with an excellent career, the opportunity to learn about a fascinating industry with long-term stability, plus the opportunity to receive an excellent holiday and benefits package.