Project Manager (Chemical Engineering)
We are currently recruiting a lead senior chemical engineer (or similar), with experience in design and project engineering, for a role in a growing SME company. We participate in several exciting R&D projects (H2020, InnovateUK…) in the areas of science, technology, and innovation. We are specialized in sustainable solutions and processes (waste to energy, biomass valorisation, etc). Salary: 38-45k depending on experience plus benefits.
The role will be predominantly in project management (execution and supervision of projects, planning, timesheet control, communications, meeting assistance and of delivering technical reports, among others) but the candidate will also have advance skills in chemical engineering, especially in detailed engineering, procurement and (pilot) plant construction.
About the role:
* Project management in various European collaborative projects (200k-2M) related to innovative technologies of valorisation of different biomasses (to biofuels and to high-value materials).
* Providing support in the design, procurement planning of equipment at demo scale for lignocellulosic processing (pretreatment, extraction, purification, etc) and in the detailed engineering of this equipment.
* Managing different aspects in projects and proposals for funding, such as reviewing state-of-the-art, budget and time planning as well as the quality of the developed work.
* Communication with stakeholders - which will include travel within Europe.
* You will work in a small team of chemical engineers and as a senior, you will report directly to the CEO.
About your knowledge, skills, and qualifications:
* Degree qualified (preferably chartered) in mechanical engineering or chemical engineering as an essential requirement. Masters and/or Ph.D. advantageous.
* Experience of at least 3 years in process engineering in projects related to the valorisation of biomass or food wastes projects (knowledge of MSW processing also valuable).
* Experience in design of equipment (detailed engineering). This includes the development of all the drawings and deliverables such as plant layout, P&IDs, bids, etc.
* Experience and knowledge in procurement, hands-on work, assembly coordination and start-up of pilot plants.
* Knowledge in risks management and H&S is essential.
* Leadership, proactivity, and self-learning aptitudes and ability to multitask are a must.
* Experience in delivery of project reports is desirable.
* Experience in Horizon 2020 and InnovateUK projects and proposal writing is desirable.
* Right to work in the UK.
The company is an engineering SME specializing in Green Buildings and Cities and Sustainable Processes. (www.exergy.uk.com)
We are an inspiring engineering and technology team with the expertise to provide innovative solutions across the globe that contribute to our goal of a low-carbon, sustainable future.
Our ambition is to empower people, businesses, and governments to make informed sustainability decisions that transform our world.
We provide R&D solutions to increase the productivity and competitiveness of energy, built and sustainable environments. Our expert team has a strong capacity to generate new knowledge and to support and test new ideas using the company’s expertise.
At Exergy, we believe that:
• Accountability with our energy and resources ensures our future
• Creativity changes the world
• Passion drives innovation
• Challenges encourage excellence
• Commitment makes things happen
• Working together makes us stronger
• Diversity enriches our vision
• Honesty makes us real
• Integrity motivates us to stick to our ideals
• Enjoy our work is the path more than the prize
• Faith inspires us to believe that a more sustainable world is possible