Assistant Accountant - AJ3054
We have an exciting role for an Assistant Accountant, working for a fast-growing business which provides technology, network infrastructure, and customer services for the delivery of Internet content and applications. As the Assistant Accountant you will be generally responsible for managing the day-to-day accounts receivable/payable, accounting & reporting functions, managing month-end closing process; preparing journal entries; reconcile accounts from the general ledger and preparing month-end reports.
As the Assistant Accountant, you will possess previous experience in a similar finance based role from small to medium-size companies. This is a very hands-on, operational position that requires heavy attention to detail and successful time management to meet deadlines.
As the Assistant Accountant, your role and responsibilities include:
General Finance & Accounting
• Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded.
• Supervision, review and processing of vendor invoices, recurring bank payments, staff expense reports, corporate credit cards accurately and in a timely manner.
• Process payable invoice for authorisation through company's expense reporting system.
• Tie-in Travel & Expense (T&E) report to supporting receipts, and follow-up on discrepancies.
• Post invoices through accounting system.
• Process the payments in accord with internal controls.
• Review and record inter-company transactions per company policy.
• Contact vendors to resolve questionable charges and resolve issues.
• Assist internal and external audits.
• Manage and file accounting documents.
• Manage and post the prepaid expenses and accrual expenses.
• Prepare quarterly VAT return, MOSS and EC sales list.
• Assist to prepare P11D.
• Periodic account reconciliations and bank reconciliations.
• Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines.
• Handle government documents to be filed or answered.
As the Assistant Accountant, the skills and experience required:
• BA or BS degree in Finance, Accounting, or other related field.
• 2 - 3 years previous accounting experience.
• Knowledgeable in accounting system (SAP); proficient with MS-Office; expert in Excel.
• Ability to handle a multitude of tasks quickly and accurately.
• Able to work independently at a high level of accuracy.
• Must be able to organise assigned workload and perform work efficiently.
• Must be able to determine critical vs. non-critical issues and handle accordingly.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Great attention to detail.
• Experience in high-tech industry/company, preferable.