Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You`ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We`ll ask a lot of you - but you`ll get back so much more. With us, it`s never `just a job`.
Working as a Support Worker isn't like any other job. The role of a Support Worker is varied, sometimes challenging but greatly rewarding. You will be offering a person centred approach giving as little or as much support required by each individual to enable then to achieve the things that are important to them and live life as they choose.
We currently have opportunities for day Support Workers to join our team in Clacton-On- Sea where we support 4 female adults who all require varied levels of support. The house where they reside is split into 2 purpose built flats. If you are looking for permanent, full or part time work we would love to hear from you as we have various hours available and may be able to offer you hours that support you achieve a work life balance.
Working times will be on a rota basis with shifts spread across the weekdays, weekends and Bank Holidays encompassing mornings, afternoons, evenings and sleep ins. Typical shift patterns for Support Workers is 7.00 am to 14.30, 14.30-22.00 with sleep in hours 22:00 until 07:00am
As part of a larger team, the successful candidate will be providing support to help access daily living skills like preparing meals, eating & drinking, personal care, medication or going into the community. The people we support enjoy cooking, the cinema, shows, holidays, shopping, going out for meals, clubs, dogs, theatre, musicals, and listening to music. If you are looking for a job with the opportunity to make a real difference in someone's life, allowing you to break away from the traditional 9 to 5 in a varied role where each day is different - this is the job for you.
Ideally you would have an understanding of Dementia, Epilepsy, Autism, behaviours that may challenge and moving and handling, However, this is not essential as we provide you with in depth, award winning training, paid for by Mencap.
An experienced driver with a full UK driving license is essential. Access to own car is not essential as some of the people we support have their own Vehicle
An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
*Please see additional information tab at the bottom of the text for more information on the people we support
Job Reference:- 7317
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract