Business Support Manager - Sheffield - £45k Car Bonus
Role: Business Support Manager
Salary: £45k + Car (£550pcm) + 20% Bonus
- We are currently recruiting for a Business Support Manager to undertake a range of project work to assist the Contract in meeting its overarching business objectives.
- The role will be working in conjunction with Business Systems and other areas of the business you will develop and implement systems that will transform the way we do business in future.
- The role will also be responsible for producing, analysing, sense checking and presenting a range of information in the development of ‘Improvement Initiatives’ and monitor current performance.
- As the Business Support Manager, you will understand fully the contractual responsibilities throughout the Contract and advise the relevant Business Managers accordingly.
- Through project managing, you will create operational efficiencies and enable Contract Managers to run more efficient and effective operations.
- Managing the internal systems effectively to ensure Managers are delivering services according to prescribed timescales and within financial constraints.
- Working with existing and prospective clients to produce credible service proposals for new or additional services, contract extensions and alternative contract arrangements.
- Adding value to the clients service offering, e.g. by development of carbon reduction plans, service improvement plans, operational method statements.
- Assist in the ‘Contract Review’ process and the subsequent development of ‘Improvement Plans’.
- Manage the development and implementation of information systems that will transform the way in which business is conducted.
- Work closely with the business and the Contract Managers to ensure the solutions delivered meet business expectations through effective communication.
- Through an understanding of the business drivers, develop and improve KPI’s used to help manage the business.
- Manage the Call Centre, Administration and Compliance teams to ensure the Contract and legislative requirements are met and exceeded.
Knowledge, skills and experience;
- Must understand the ‘workings’ of Local Government or similar organisations– previous employment in a local authority desirable but not essential.
- Must have a robust understanding of waste management or similar service driven operations in order to confidently advise others on improvements.
- Knowledge of environmental legislation and H&S.
- Must possess the ability to communicate and motivate.
- Previous experience in managing call centres, compliance and administration functions with previous line management experience.
- Ability to manage change and system improvements within a multi-site environment.
- Excellent, persuasion, negotiating and influencing skills, particularly in client-facing situations - the ability to manage customer expectations is key to the role.
- Breadth of experience from different aspects of the business (e.g. operations, finance, administration, development, project work).
- Business / commercial acumen – with a common sense approach to problem solving
- Commercially aware, and able to balance the needs of the business within given budgetary, resource and time constraints.
- Financial acumen and ability to understand financial documents e.g. P&Ls, balance sheets.
- Human Resource and Disciplinary experience essential.
- Ability to identify the key drivers for delivering improvements.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- Must be able to work extremely well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Prince 2 desirable.
- A business related qualification e.g. certificate/diploma in Business Studies required
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.