Community Fundraising Officer
The Community Fundraising Officer will be a part of the Community and Events team which aims to develop strong cases for support, long-term relationships and fundraising opportunities to inspire new support to the cause and keep existing supporters impassioned to our shared vision of tackling social isolation by connecting disabled people with their communities.
The organisation is a national charity who are looking to grow rapidly over the next 4 years.
This is a very exciting opportunity with fantastic career development and a chance to progress.
1. Maintain strong relationships and provide an excellent customer service with existing community fundraisers, including Friends Groups, regional corporates to secure future donations and identify other areas of benefit to the charity.
2. Work with the Head of Community & Events Fundraising to develop and deliver the annual regional community budget including income and expenditure forecasts and reforecasts.
3. Support the Head of Community & Events to develop the national community fundraising plan and then implement in the region.
4. To build a pipeline and acquire new supporters including Friends Groups, individual fundraisers, regional corporates, local groups and associations and student groups.
5. Work with the Head of Community and Events and colleagues to develop the case for support for local community giving to Livability in line with the wider brand.
6. Lead, manage and monitor the volunteers you are responsible for via the management structure ensuring that volunteers are recruited, inducted, trained, supervised and appraised in line with Livability policies and procedure.
7. To report on all income and expenditure relating to the region's fundraising and to provide regular written reports on activity as directed by the Head of Community & Events.
8. Ensure the Raiser's Edge database is kept up to date in line with the Data Protection Act and other sector guidance as necessary.
9. Give talks and presentations to local organisations e.g. local businesses and community groups, to increase awareness of Livability and to generate financial support.
10. Working with the Communications Department, engage with local media, social media and PR to maximise publicity and awareness of the charity and its activities in the region.
11. Work in conjunction with other fundraising colleagues to create and deliver a range of fundraising products to engage local community fundraisers and groups.
12. Keep abreast of developments, trends, legislation and best practice, which are likely to impact upon the workings of the Charity in relation to community fundraising and to translate these into recommendations for changes to policy and practice within the Charity.
13. To liaise with the wider Fundraising Team, ensuring local information and potential supporter information is shared effectively to maximise income for the wider Fundraising team.
14. To be an effective and engaged member of the Community and Events team, supporting colleagues and sharing best practise across areas, contributing to the success of the wider team.
15. Be responsible for and able to evidence own personal development by undertaking relevant training, attending meetings, conferences and events ensuring that you are updated in all matters relevant to the role within your Personal Development Plan agreed with your manager.
- Understanding of community fundraising and volunteer management
-Understanding of the corporate fundraising environment
-Basic awareness of marketing and PR
- Experience of relationship management either in a non profit or sales setting
The organisation is offering a salary package of £26-£29k depending on experience.