Red Accountancy are partnering with a rapidly expanding, £multi Million organisation in Weston-Super-Mare to recruit an Assistant Accountant. The Assistant Accountant will support the Financial Controller in preparing month end figures and improving financial reporting.
Duties of the Assistant Accountant
Management Accounts Preparation:
- Accruals and prepayments preparation
- Analysis of profit and loss KPI's
- Profit and loss variance analysis
- Preparation and analysis of P&L by cost centre
- Adhere to month end deadlines
Aid in Financial Accounting:
- Reconciliation and analysis of stock
- Maintaining the companies FAR including posting of Depreciation
- Review of balance sheet reconciliations
- Analysis of the aged debtors and creditors ledgers
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns
- Liaise with year end auditors
Business forecast and projections:
- Preparation of monthly and annual budgets/projections
- Business partnering to aid the business understand actual performance vs budget
- Cash flow analysis, including cash flow forecasting
Required skills/experience of the Assistant Accountant
- Either AAT qualified or ACCA/CIMA/ACA part qualified with experience working in an accounting role previously
- Advanced Excel skills
- Sage Line 50 would be an advantage but not essential.
If you are an Assistant Accountant with the relevant experience then please get in touch.