I am currently working on behalf of a market leading Healthcare organisation that is seeking to appoint a Consultant Psychiatrist to join their existing staff team in Scotland.
The role will be working within 4 or 5 services providing high quality of care to service users suffering from Learning Disabilities and Mental Health conditions. This will be based across Scotland.
This post provides psychiatric cover for independent hospitals which provide assessment and intervention for adults with learning disability, autism and behaviours which are perceived as challenging. A major requirement of the job is to act as a highly specialist resource to the wider professional community and to carry out audit, policy and service development and research activities and/or programmes.
Clinical duties of the role include direct reviews and management of patients, both informal and those detained under the Mental Health Act. Working with general practitioner colleagues to ensure the highest quality physical healthcare for our residents. As a member of the clinical team you will support the clinical, nursing and direct care teams in making skilled evaluations and decisions about clinical options. You will be heavily involved with teaching, training and supervisions within the MDT and also have a hand in policy development effecting the area.
The key skills and experience required include:
• You should have relevant qualifications or equivalent in Psychiatry supported by recent experience of working with service users with learning disabilities and mental health conditions
- Completed accredited training in learning disability psychiatry
• Strong interpersonal qualities of teamwork and communication are essential as is evidence of a commitment to training and professional development.
• Experience of exercising full clinical responsibility for patient's` care and treatment.
• Formulating plans for psychological treatment and/or management of a patient`s presenting difficulties. Your formulations are grounded in theoretical and therapeutic models
If you are qualified Consultant Psychiatrist and are currently looking for new work opportunities then please give me a call on to discuss things further or email your up to date CV to
`As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.`