Senior Management Accountant
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Management Accountant to join my client, an established company based in Manchester.
The purpose of the role is to provide a full finance and accounting function for a group of companies, and to produce management accounts and other financial information.
- Produce and review accurate, timely and relevant management accounts to an agreed timetable.
- Produce weekly cash forecasting, check BACs payments and produce monthly timetables.
- Analyse variances against budgets and report back through Financial Controllers and to company heads and Managers, to enable the development of action to address major variances identified.
- Maintain and update month end control files to ensure that an audit trail is maintained on a monthly basis.
- Prepare statutory financial information including detailed audit file for year-end audit.
- Liaise with auditors during audit process to provide analysis of financial results and key control documents.
- Attend annual audit close out meetings to discuss audit findings with Audit Partner, Finance Director, Senior Financial Controller and Operational Directors.
- Previous Management Accountant experience
- Will be qualified or working towards an accounting qualification, have worked as a management accountant, and carried out management accounting, cash flow analysis and completion of control files
- Knowledge of management and financial accounting and preferably either qualified or working towards a recognised accounting qualification or similar
- Detailed knowledge of excel spreadsheet functionality
- Agresso systems experience would be an advantage