Graduate Internal Auditor
More about the role
The Internal Audit team at AO is responsible for providing assurance across the Group that risk mitigation is performing effectively and in accordance with the accepted risk appetite, and for giving practical guidance on where improvement is required to reduce risk exposure.
The team undertake their work in an agile manner to meet a challenging risk-based Internal Audit plan that covers the majority of functions across the Group, and all territories AO operate within. The role also offers a unique opportunity to understand how individual components of the business contribute to the Group’s overall objectives. Internal Audit at AO is delivered in a less than traditional way and the team is driven to ensure stakeholder engagement in audit activities is maximised.
In addition to the internal audit plan the team is seen as a trusted advisor to the Group in terms of risk. Additional responsibilities are to facilitate the Risk Management Committee and maintain the supporting risk identification and analysis tools as well as offering an open door policy to provide advice on risk on an ad hoc basis.
The role offers national and international travel and the opportunity of study support for relevant professional qualifications.
Here's what you can expect to be doing
- Undertaking audits across AO territories, including the UK, Germany and the Netherlands. Areas of audit include finance, ecommerce, logistics / warehousing, retail operations, health and safety, trading and IT.
- Being part of the Internal Audit team working to a challenging schedule in order to complete the Internal Audit plan.
- Conducting audits in relatively new and dynamic areas, and proactively identifying new areas of internal and external risk.
- Working with audit stakeholders across the Group to communicate audit findings, assisting in developing relevant recommendations and monitoring progress towards implementation.
- Presenting audit findings in written reports or appropriate alternatives.
- Assisting in undertaking standalone audit reviews separate to the approved Internal Audit plan at the request of audit stakeholders, including the Audit Committee, the Risk Committee and the Group Executive Team.
- Assisting with the identification of security and fraud risks, and assisting with fraud investigations when required.
- Assisting in the development of data analytics tools to be used to proactively identify anomalies and exceptions.
A few things about you
- Ability to promote engagement in Internal Audit activity
- Ability to work independently and, at times, remotely when conducting audits
- Willingness to undertake CIA qualification with support as part of the role
- A flexible approach to work and willingness to travel in the UK, Germany and the Netherlands
A bit about us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2001 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
Why choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be.
Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it, it’s really no wonder we were named Retail Week Employer of the Year 2015.
“Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different.”
Great people deserve great things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our “AO Perks” to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.