Children Residential Support Worker
Children’s Residential Support Worker
Salary: £16,500-£20,100k per annum
Permanent Full Time
Safehands are delighted to announce we are now recruiting for a Children’s Residential Support Worker for one of the region’s most innovative and bespoke children’s care providers, this is a full time permanent vacancy. Working with Children with Behavioural, Emotional and Social Difficulties my client is seeking a special type of person to help transform the lives of vulnerable young people.
As a Residential Support Worker you will be a key member of the team, providing high standards of person-centred support and care to the young people. Through a creative and caring approach, you will build good relationships with both service users and their families, supporting them in the planning of goals and in living as independently as possible. Both personal care and participation in activities are key tasks for the role, so energy and initiative is vital.
- Demonstrate to the young people the value of education, care and development so that they improve behaviour, by being a positive role model.
- Build and create mutual trust and respect with young people in order that they respond and react appropriately to information and instructions.
- Define structures and boundaries of behaviour to young people, acting as a positive role model, so they understand behaviour expected.
- Produce, maintain and distribute house paperwork to ensure relevant information is recorded accurately and is available.
- Control and analyse the young people’s behaviour to avoid incidents and maximise positive behaviours.
- Create and produce activities to occupy and develop young people in order that they gain skills and education on an informed basis
- Provide basic advice and skills to young people on managing their finances and other everyday life skills.
Skills and Knowledge
- 12 months residential care experience
- Full driving licence held for at least 3 years
- QCF level 3 qualification or equivalent
- Previous experience of working with young people with challenging behaviour
- The ability to work a shift rota system that includes some weekends and bank holidays
To discuss confidentially please call Gina on or alternatively send your CV through via the apply button: