My client is a leading organisation based in Newcastle who is looking to appoint a Accounts Executive to join their team. As a key member within the finance team you will be responsible for delivering on finance objectives of the operational accounting team.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Accurate, timely and complete reporting which fully supports performance analysis against business plans and capital management plans.
· Delivery of monthly financial close for the Group within two weeks of each month end (working day 10)
· Monthly petty cash and foreign currency balances.
· Overseas allocations.
· Monthly management accruals.
· VAT returns.
· Insurance premium tax returns.
· You will ensure that the external audit relationship is well managed and constructive with appropriate liaison, an agreed external audit approach and timetable in place.
· Robust budgetary process with engaged budget holders.
· Accurate, timely and complete management reporting as agreed with senior management.
· Play an active role and support the business in delivering commercial projects as directed by senior management.
Education, experience and skills required include:
AAT Level 4 or equivalent.
Nominal ledger accounting packages (Sage X3/ SunSystems)
Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, worksite and Outlook)
Commercial System/ CIS
Online banking interfaces, including Nordea Netbank and overseas local equivalents.