Elsby & Co are assisting a client with the recruitment of a Financial Controller at a time of growth within the business.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director this is a sole charge role in a friendly team, with finance ultimately being your responsibility. You must have a hands-on attitude and be happy to get involved at all levels.
Happy to consider either qualified or qualified by experience, this is a great opportunity to be involved in a business at the beginning of rapid growth plans and an ideal platform to grow your own skills and experience.
Main duties & Responsibilities:
· Annual budgets and cash flow forecasting.
· Liaising with external accountants to implement new accounting software
· Bookkeeping and filing records of the businesses
· Expenses management and processing
· Intra-group invoicing and re-charging
· Asset register
· Process of journals and accounting adjustments
· CIS returns
· Preparation of monthly management accounts and supporting reports
· Bank account management and cash flow maintenance
· Purchase ledger management
· WIP and stock management and tracking
· Sales invoicing
· Sales ledger management and credit control
· Ensuring VAT & PAYE is processed, submitted and paid on time.
· General month end tasks and administrative support as required
· Working closely with external accountants to ensure finance department is in line with business growth plan.
· Experience in a sole charge finance role within an SME
· Motivated with excellent communication skills
· Good systems skills, including Excel and Sage, with adaptability to other finance systems
· Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA or qualified by experience
If you feel you have the right skills and experience please submit your CV for review.