Account Manager / Business Development Manager
Job Title: Account Manager
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: Based on experience but OTE of circa £36,500 during year one and £43,500 during year two.
Position: Full-Time, 37.5 hours a week
Our client is an established media and communications training company based in Reading, Berkshire who work with senior executives to help them make them make the most of media opportunities and enhance their reputation.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join their small but successful Account Management team working with some of the world's largest brands.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the right candidate will have sales or account management experience, particularly in relation to selling training courses, while a background or interest in media, journalism, marketing or PR would also be advantageous.
You should be hungry to succeed with the ability to work to tight deadlines and will be expected to work closely with new and existing clients to understand the communications challenges they face and to recommend solutions through individually tailored training programmes.
The role includes:
- Managing existing client training needs and winning new business
- Attending briefing sessions with clients and understanding their requirements
- Writing tailored quotes, proposals, and reports
- Selecting appropriate trainers for each course and producing detailed pre-course briefings
- Managing and reviewing course feedback and liaising with clients to ensure quality of work remains to the highest standards and continues to meet the clients' needs
Details of skills and attributes required:
- Account management and/or sales experience, especially in selling training courses
- A working knowledge or keen interest in media/PR
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills
- Exceptional relationship building skills
- A great work ethic
- Confidence and self-motivation
- A willingness to learn, be successful and contribute to a fun working environment.
- Up to 25 days holiday
- Bonus: Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly
- Town centre location with free parking
- Pension scheme
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Sales Executive, Account Manager, Business Development Manager, Sales Manager, Business Development Executive, Sales Executive, New Business Sales Executive, Sales Consultant, Key Account Manager, Sales, Lead Generation, Telesales, Client Support, Product Specialist, Sales Agent will also be considered for this role.