Part Qualified Accountant
Our client is seeking an experienced Part Qualified Accountant to join their growing Finance team based in a peaceful countryside location near Aylesbury.
Our client is an excellent local employer offering a generous benefits package and a peaceful countryside setting with stunning offices.
The Part Qualified Accountant will work closely with the Financial Controller to assist with a wide range of accounting, reporting, administrative and project based matters.
- Primarily assisting the Financial Controller with the day to day accounting functions covering the following:
- Day to day bookkeeping
- Raising sales invoices
- Payment processing
- Month end process
- Credit control
- Journals, accruals & prepayments
- Bank reconciliations
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Cash management
- Preparation of management accounts, ensuring accounting treatments are in line with current accounting standards
- Annual process
- Assisting with preparation of statutory annual financial statements
- Assisting with preparation of annual budgets/cash flows
- Assisting with preparation of board reports
- Tax compliance
- VAT returns
- Reviewing annual corporation tax returns
- Assisting with working files for personal tax returns
- Cash management - cash reconciliations, cashflow planning
This will be a busy, challenging role requiring the Part Qualified Accountant to have a diligent, methodical and highly organised approach who has an eye for detail and who can assist in the development of accounting and administrative policies and procedures. The candidate must be a team player, ready to help others, develop positive relationships, work well within a small team and contribute to the highly professional service provided by the team.
Ideally the candidate should have:
- Significant previous experience of general accountancy work
- Company and Personal tax experience would be an advantage but not essential
- The ability to work to deadlines and manage their own workload
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Word and Excel. Any prior knowledge of database management would also be an advantage
- An accounting qualification would be preferred.
The Part Qualified Accountant would receive a salary in the range of £25,000 - £30,000 dependent upon experience and qualifications, plus a generous benefits package and peaceful countryside working location.
A car driver is essential for the location of the offices.