Production Manager - Food
We have a fantastic opportunity in Dorset for an experienced Production Manager to join a market leading global Food Manufacturer, with an impressive portfolio, of major high street retailers.
The Production Manager will oversee all aspects of production to ensure quality and output targets are met within a high speed food packaging environment, implementing process / operational improvements, and staff training & development.
This superb opportunity would suit an enthusiastic, driven individual who enjoys an autonomous role, with a positive, pro active approach, and a solid Production management background within a high speed food manufacturing environment.
What’s on offer
Working on Days, the opportunity to work for a progressive food manufacturer, providing career development opportunities.
Starting salary £40,000PA + Benefits, Location, Near Shaftesbury, Dorset.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership, motivation and focus for all elements of production in particular Shift Managers
- Work closely with site management teams building common goals, ensuring effective communications and working relationships at all levels
- Deliver against core KPI’s seeking opportunities to improve performance at all times
- Be responsible for all aspects of health and safety within production and to ensure that H & S takes a high profile
- Review your production teams and structures, and to identify areas for change and improvement
- Ensure that appropriate systems are in place and are used to identify training and development needs to all production employees
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement across the site
- Ensure the service levels for all customers are achieved
- Manage customer visits and build effective relationships with the customer
- Minimum 3 years Production Management experience within a high speed food manufacturing environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers
- Flexible in working times to meet production requirements of the business
- Numerate and able to deal with labour and Material variants
- Able to work on own initiative
- Ability to form interdepartmental relationships and work closely with other managers
If you meet the above criteria, and would like to hear more, please forward your CV to Manucommrecruitment