Are you a Finance Accountant from a manufacturing background ? I have a fantastic opportunity for a new permanent positions based in Doncaster.
Have you got the following experience and knowledge of Statutory accounts, corporation tax ? As you must be able to hit ground running
Experience in Payroll, general tax, audit corporate governance & controls ?
- Group reporting, across the UK/Europe area including consolidated accounts.
- To be technically up to date with IFRS & statutory reporting requirements. Preparation of the annual statutory accounts.
- Liaison with professional advisor in UK, Germany, France.
- Preparation of draft tax computations, deferred tax etc. for the UK area for the quarterly and annual accounts. Liaise with the auditors regarding any issues on these.
- Oversee quarterly audit process and being the main point of contact for the auditors
- Understanding of VAT issues and preparation of VAT and intrastate returns.
- Summarise the quarterly reports for external lenders.
- Liaise with external lenders on financing issues.
- Assist with Corporate Governance issues. “Sarbanes- Oxley “ type reporting.
- Prepare monthly management accounts for specified companies including site based in France.
- Involvement in the budgeting process both at solo and consolidation level.
- Oversee Divisional Accountant at Century remotely
- Payroll Management – overseeing payroll clerk and review
- Process improvement. Have the ability to develop with the role.
- Ad hoc projects. Including investment appraisal, grants etc.
In addition the candidate will need to demonstrate:
- Experience working in a manufacturing based company.
- Able to speak French
- Forex management including hedging
- Management experience including mentoring
Essential: A qualified ACCA or ACA Accountant. Ability to develop the role and progress with the company.Reporting
The role will report directly to the UK & European Financial Controller.
Other key contacts will be:
UK and European CFO
UK & European MD
Group FD & Group CFO
Salary up to £42,000 - £47,000 (Depending on experience)
Bonus (Average £500 annually)
Pension (5% employer contribution)
22 days holiday plus Statuary days – increasing incrementally in line with length of service to a maximum of 25 days.
For further information please contact Francesca at Thorn Baker on