Deputy Head for students with Autism
A new all through school for pupils with Autism is looking for an inspirational Deputy Head Teacher. The school will be moving into new premises next year and until it opens students are taught in a secondary Autism Provision with 30 students on roll. Eventually the new school will have 104 students in total, including at least 20 with high functioning Autism.
The head teacher of this exciting new school has had a distinguished career as a successful developer of a specialist school and is building up a brilliant and highly skilled team of teachers and support workers. Initially the role will include a part time teaching commitment and so an exceptional teacher is being sought.
You will be actively involved on a day to day basis with staff and students and have the opportunity to shape and develop innovative practice in the field of autism now and moving forward. You will join an existing dynamic and committed team of professionals. You will be committed to inclusive practice and achieving the best outcomes for our young people.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A qualified experienced teacher with specialist knowledge of autism practice and a proven track record of successful teaching across key stages and meeting the national professional standards for teachers
- A visionary leader with outstanding professional skills, to work in collaboration with the rest of the Leadership Team
- Ambitious and enthusiastic
- Interested in being involved in establishing, leading and developing key initiatives within the autism provision and contributing significantly towards the development of the new school
- Passionate about working with young people with autism
- Flexible and open to innovative practice
- Motivated by the opportunity to make a real difference through contributing to the development of a brand new school.
If this sounds the right role for you then do not hesitate to apply now and one of our specialist team will review your application.
ASEND is a highly specialist SEN recruitment consultancy, placing top quality professionals in schools throughout the UK.
We were established in 2011 with the aim of supplying the education industry with the expert SEN staff it needs, and have since had success placing hundreds of professionals into schools all over the country. We work exclusively in the field of SEN - we are deliberately not a Jack-of-all-trades, but very proud of being a master of one.