Senior Associate - Hull - Perm
Benefits: health-care, life assurance, PAI, 25 days holiday and bank holidays
Keen to work for a leading well known multinational professional services firm? Then we have an interesting opportunity for you.
If you're passionate and ambitious, keen to learn new skills and want to work within a challenging environment then read on.
About the role
- We require a Senior Associate for RGS / AFA / AAP, with responsibilities to include:
- Working on a portfolio of clients/ad hoc projects for the provision of:
- Monthly and quarterly management accounts.
- Statutory financial statements.
- Consolidated financial statements.
- Ad hoc secondments to clients to undertake the preparation of year end financial statements and special accounting projects.
- The role will be largely Hull office based; however, some travel and overnight stay may be required.
- The skills and experience of the candidate will determine the entry level, and progression within the firm will be dependent on performance.
- Qualified ACA or ACCA with proven experience in professional practice environment (preferably middle market).Candidates must also demonstrate the following abilities:
- Highly professional attitude to providing a quality service in a deadline environment.
- Strong accounting skills and technical knowledge on financial reporting matters including the ability to work from first principles.
- Strong client relationship skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Very good working knowledge of UK GAAP and some awareness of US GAAP and IFRS.
- Some knowledge of cross border VAT and P11D issues.
- Awareness of importance of risk management (client acceptance, independence, money laundering) issues.
- Demonstrate flexibility in changing client demand environment.
- IT literate, ideally with some experience of accounting packages and good Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Self motivated and have a willingness to enhance their technical knowledge.
About the team
- Our specialist accounting services group provides a high quality accounting service to multinational companies, UK mid-tier and Investment entities.
- The services that we offer fall into three distinct categories:
- All inclusive Accounting and Payroll (AAP) providing a fully outsourced back office finance function (accounts processing, cash management, VAT compliance and generation of management accounts).
- Report Generation Services (RGS) preparation of statutory financial statements.
- Accounting Function Assignments (AFA) providing qualified and experienced accountants to work on interim projects within finance functions in industry.
- As part of the largest global accounting firm, you can be sure of a challenging and exciting career.
- We have a varied and prestigious client base and work with various specialists in their own field which, combined with the importance we place on continuous technical training and personal development, provides an excellent opportunity for career development.
Why work in Hull?
Our Hull practice has developed into the leading professional services firm in the city with over 100 highly qualified staff providing clients with exceptional levels of service and advice. The office is easily commutable by car, train or bus from surrounding areas such as Beverley (22mins), Doncaster (58mins), Sheffield and Leeds (both under an hour). With a waterfront view, boats can be seen entering the marina and a new hotel and large restaurant are being created closeby.
Hull has much to offer, including eight free museums, "The Deep" Submarium, KC Sports Stadium and a wide variety of shopping and leisure attractions. The city has a rich heritage and vibrant social scene. You can also view the Humber Bridge, which once held the world record as the longest single span suspension bridge and continues to be used by more than 100,000 vehicles each week.
This position represents a great chance to widen your skill set and progress your career in a successful business.
If you are keen to apply, please send your CV immediately or get in touch for further information.
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.