You will have previous experience in a Credit Controller or related role. Financial services experience or multicurrency business experience would be beneficial but not essential. You will have a strong working knowledge of systems & Microsoft Excel. You must possess strong communication skills and be able to work well within a small finance team.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
- Invoicing process - check all invoices and prepare for reporting and collections.
- Monthly payment runs - should be able to organise credit card collections bank transfers.
- Posting monthly collections to the system and update trackers
- Collecting overdue payments via telephone, email and letters ( international clients in multiple currencies )
- Handling charge-backs, refunds and payment disputes efficiently and effectively.
- Collecting historical debt.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date client details and account records
- Monitoring overdue payments, anticipating developments and identifying accounts which require special attention.
- Working towards team and individual KPIs, including handling calls/emails.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the business.
Skills, abilities & personal qualities
- Able to demonstrate a history of delivering work to a high standard; be organised & able to work to tight deadlines.
- A very high level of attention to detail and excellent time management skills are essential
- Knowledge of CRM is essential, good system skills from Accounting or another related to credit control
- A minimum of 3 years Credit Control experience (Preferable international multicurrency environment )
- Outstanding interpersonal skills & ability to liaise appropriately at all levels. The role requires an assertive, enthusiastic & self-confident person.
- Strong customer awareness and ability to resolve customer queries promptly. You must have a proven track record of resolving issues hindering the collection process.
- Excel skills are essential
- Strong negotiation skills