M&E Contract Manager - Paddington
CBRE GWS Facilities Management are recruiting for a Mechanical & Electrical (M&E) Contract Manager in the Paddington area of London.
Reporting to the Account Manager, you will be responsible for all planned preventative and reactive maintenance of the mechanical, electrical and fabric related facilities services delivered within a European HQ building of a leading blue-chip customer.
Purpose of the Job
Providing leadership, management, and development of a defined contract, ensuring financial, and operational commitments are met and exceeded.
- Provide leadership, and ensure that contractual commitments are met and exceeded.
- Ensuring business policies and processes are effectively communicated, and implemented within the contract.
- Ensure the provision of healthy and safe working conditions and that both clients and Company health and safety policy and process is effectively implemented across both CBRE and subcontractors activities, and are regularly reviewed.
- Ensure optimum staffing structures operate across contracts, balancing cost reduction with the delivery of service excellence. Ensure structures support peaks and troughs in workload, and disaster recovery.
- Ensure contracts are staffed by fully competent teams, ensuring post holders are fully competent, and that effective succession planning arrangements are in place.
- Development of contract financial plans for revenue and profit delivery, reduction of WIP, debt, cost reduction and contract growth, and ensure that these are met and exceeded.
- Ensure appropriate control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met.
- Ensuring a customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and that effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts.
- Promoting and maintaining the core Values of CBRE.
- Provision of leadership and guidance, advice, coaching and direct support, where required to deliver best practice selection, training, assessment and recognition/reward.
- Reporting to a CBRE Account Manager
- Accountability to the CBRE functional heads, as appropriate.
- Accountable day-to-day to the relevant client contacts.
- Line management responsibility for a contract team and indirectly for relevant sub- contractor
- Financial responsibility for the delivery of Plan commitments for the contract.
- Formal qualifications in Mechanical / Electrical engineering, ideally through an indentured apprenticeship.
- Working to Planned Preventative Maintenance Regimes.
- C&G 17th Edition or BSI certificate.
- Installation of electrical services.
- Fault finding on electrical circuits.
- HVAC systems.
- Knowledge of Safe Systems of Work - COSHH, Risk Assessments etc. Strong process knowledge. Project Management experience.
- High Voltage systems.
This role is offering a competitive salary between £50,000 - £55,000 as well as a vehicle allowance of £5,100, Private Medical Insurance and Bomus amongst other benefits.