Due to company expansion, Haslemere Building Company Ltd is looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
We are interested in applicants with experience in Quantity Surveying for a principal contractor. This candidate will be a graduate in Quantity Surveying or Construction with hands on experience.
Based in Addington, Croydon but with regular site visits/days which will involve travelling within to relevant sites mostly in London, this role will require:
- An energetic and motivated professional with natural drive and initiative;
- A candidate who addresses problems and implements change;
- An intuitive individual who can use natural negotiation skills to resolve issues;
- Commercially aware and financially astute
- A person who is well organised and can operate independently
- A team player able to develop good relationships within the Company and outside
- Good oral and written communication are essential.
- price/forecast the cost of the different materials needed for the project
- prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
- track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjusting budget projections accordingly
- procure or agree the services of contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the construction of the project
- measure and value the work done on site
- liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers and site engineers
- select and/or source construction materials
- write reports
Reporting to the Director you will be expected to perform under tight deadlines.
Salary negotiable depending on experience.
If you are driven and ambitious we would be delighted to hear from you.