Senior Paralegal/Newly Qualified Solicitor - Medical Negligence
Our client, a highly reputable and award winning solicitors based in Southport, is looking to appoint a Senior Paralegal/Newly Qualified Solicitor to join their existing Medical Negligence team.
You will be responsible handling cases transferred from junior members of the team, up to the point of issuing court proceedings, under the guidance of the team supervisor and a senior solicitor
Essential skills and experience:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft programs
- Good document drafting skills
- High levels of customer care skills
- Previous fee earning experience in a legal environment - preferably within a medical negligence department
- Experience in training and mentoring new and junior members would be preferred
- Review of cases upon transfer from other members of the team
- Dealing with client queries regarding their case
- Drafting letter of claim
- Reviewing and collating further expert evidence on the file in accordance with the case plan
- Drafting court compliant witness statements and schedule of loss
- Instructing Counsel once authorised by Head of Department and arranging case conferences
- Advising client in relation to evidence and issues surrounding the case
- Ensuring your cases are kept on track and are settled or ready to issue within 8 months of receiving the case
- Follow the code of best practice adopted by the team
- Recording time in accordance with the team’s KPI’s
- Adhering to any other workflow and KPI requirements
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading firm in their field offering an attractive salary of between £24,000 and £33,000 dependant on experience plus an excellent range of benefits.
This is a full time role working Monday to Friday, 9am until 5pm, however they do offer flexi-time.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to Rob today via Reed.