Bookkeeper - Rushden
Elsby & Co is a forward thinking and commercial firm of accountants. Due to current growth and further expansion plans we have the need to recruit a bookkeeper into the team.
We truly believe in internal promotion and champion hard work and commitment by rewarding our staff both financially and developmentally.
We have a fun and hard-working environment, with regular social events and a real team spirit.
You will providing on and off-site bookkeeping for a range of small businesses, with an in-depth knowledge of the accounts function being essential.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sales & Purchase ledgers
- Completing VAT returns
- Completing CIS returns
- Checking company bank statements and reconciling
- Maintaining fixed asset registers
- Prepayments and accruals
- Preparing management accounts (desired)
- Previous experience working in a practice environment is essential
- Numerate and thorough
- Flexible, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise
- IT literate - including Sage & Xero
- Flexible with the ability to work in an ever-changing environment
- Good communication skills,
- Ability to work using own initiative with little supervision
- Driving Licence and Car Owner
If you feel you have the right skills and experience, please submit your CV to Kate Smart, Head of Resourcing