Business Development Managers
Purpose of the role
Business Development Managers (BDMs) work alongside our clients to advocate their brand and the particular product or service they are promoting. They are responsible for generating high quality business opportunities for clients which could be a meeting with a senior decision maker in a target company or gathering valuable market intelligence.
BDMs might work on more than one account, are given a high degree of responsibility and are involved at all stages of the campaigns on which they work, from developing sales messages and gathering data on target audiences to reporting successes to the client. They report into the Business Development Leaders (BDL) who have overall responsibility for client relationships and have operational leadership roles within Broadley Speaking.
Duties include (but are not limited to)
Assisting in the development of the sales strategy for clients
- Actively participate in PMTA (Pre-Market Target Analysis) and review meetings with clients.
- Development of an effective sales approach.
- Developing a quick and in-depth understanding of the client's market and proposition to provide a solid foundation for an effective campaign.
- Working with BDL to ensure all administrative tasks are complete, ready for the start of new campaigns e.g. client email access, client file, reporting measures.
Research and managing information
- Make effective use of all available tools to gather information i.e. LinkedIn, the internet, and the press.
- Ability to collate information into a usable format to maximise its worth.
- Monitor market news and insights where relevant.
- Update the 'Omnia’ prospect management system with relevant data in a timely manner
- Produce clear, concise emails and reports to clients and prospects.
- Using of sales approach to maximise effectiveness of every call.
- Using 'hot button statement’, open questions, features and benefits, objection handling, listening skills and closing.
- Proactively develop and continuously improve calling skills.
- Asking relevant, open questions or provide commentary to stimulate conversation.
Execution of successful client campaigns
- Meeting KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and targets agreed with client.
- Collaborate with BDL and/or Director/s to overcome challenges and continuously improve results
- Builds professional relationships with clients, clients' prospects and colleagues.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate commitment to client team's and Broadley Speaking's purpose and objectives.
- Accept and provide feedback in a constructive manner.
- Recognise the importance of diverse opinions within a group.
Communication - verbal & written (essential)
- Verbal - Clear, concise communication to clients, prospects and colleagues.
- Written - Excellent general English language and grammar skills.
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- A good level of awareness of people's communication preferences and ability to adapt to them
IT skills - MS 365 & CRM, internet (desirable)
Proficiency in: MS Office (data manipulation in Excel and managing spreadsheets), internet research (efficiently using the internet as a tool to gather intelligence), efficiently and quickly use CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tools to their full potential with minimal supervision.
Continuous learning mind-set (essential)
- Demonstrates willingness to continuously learn and grow.
- Assesses personal strengths and seeks areas for development.
- Learns from mistakes and successes.
- Seeks feedback from others and positively accepts and implements constructive feedback.
- Open - Embraces the Broadley Speaking culture.
- Committed - Willingness to go the extra mile to achieve client satisfaction.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism.
- Resilient and has a positive approach to overcoming challenges.
- Willingness to support all team members.
- Able to manage multiple projects - plans and manages time effectively.
- Tenacious and flexible.