Workshop Engineer – Bristol
Up to £28k + benefits
We are looking for a Workshop Engineer for our busy Service Department based in Avonmouth, Bristol. In this role you will be responsible for the repair of customer units and the inspection of all returned items.You will also help improve our service and products by making recommendations for improvements of existing products.
As a Workshop Engineer your main responsibilities will be:
- Testing and evaluating returned customer products and taking appropriate action (for example repair or replace)
- Testing and evaluating customer and internal returns deciding on next course of action (for example full credit or reduced credit, put to stock, Clearance Shop or scrap)
- Maintaining comprehensive and accurate records of all work undertaken
- Recommending improvements and modifications to current products
- Testing, evaluating and reporting on potential new products
- Attending team and technical meetings as required
- Responding to any escalated technical customer queries
To apply for this role you should have:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Relevant electrical qualifications (C&G)
- Experience in fault-finding
- Good IT skills to include MS Office packages (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Knowledge of electrical goods, mechanical goods and white goods
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Developed problem-solving & decision-making abilities
Nisbets is the UK’s largest supplier of catering equipment, supplying customers in the UK and around the world.
Since Andrew Nisbet started the Company more than 30 years ago, we have grown exponentially in the UK and continue to expand throughout the world with offices in France, Spain, Ireland, Holland and Australia.
We generate nearly a quarter of a billion pounds in sales revenue annually, making us the largest and clear leader in our sector. Through our colleagues’ professionalism and dedication we continue to outperform the market and our future is as bright as ever. We are a diverse and fast-moving business with ambitious plans for the future and recognise that every single one of our colleagues plays a big part in our success.
We recruit only the very best; we don’t believe our customers deserve anything less.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience to be suitable for this role and to join Nisbets please forward your CV and click Apply Now.