Graduate Category Analyst
A fantastic opportunity exists for a graduate to join our growing Rochester based client in the role of Category Analyst.
In this role you will be responsible for the analysis of data, trends, retailer activity and develop actionable insight to help grow the business. Your duties will include but not be limited;
- Analyse databases and report market performance
- Research, present and prepare information in a logical order with actionable insight, identifying growth opportunities
- Support sales team by developing and presenting category based rationale for the development of business
- Offer customer perspective on commercial decisions
- Keep up to date retailer activity and trends
- Project work e.g. range optimisation
- Grow and develop skills and competencies to lead the development of the category strategy overtime
The right person
- Show a basic understanding of strategy with the ability to grow knowledge and apply it in the role
- Degree 2:1 or above in relevant subject
- Experience of working in an FMCG environment is highly desirable though not essential.
- Excellent Numerical and communication skills - Verbal and Written
- Must be able to learn quickly and retain information
- Have an excellent analytical capability
- Strong IT skills with Advanced skills in Excel
- Ambitious and career driven
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise a busy workload
- Highly self-motivated
- Have a High level of initiative with the ability to work as part of team
- Ability to influence people and develop rapport
If you are an ambitious graduate please forward your CV to Gemma Edwards for immediate consideration.