Credit Control Assistant
Job Title: Credit Control Assistant
Salary: £18,000- £22,000 (depending on experience)
Parker Steel is one of the largest steel distributors and processors in the United Kingdom. The company is currently growing at an annual rate of 20% and a central part of this growth is maintaining an effective, efficient, motivated and happy workforce. With this in mind, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a proactive, self-motivated individual to join our busy Finance Department as a Credit Controller.
Key responsibilities will include
- To communicate via telephone and email with customers on a frequent basis
- Keeping in touch with valued clients notifying of any overdue accounts
- Building and maintaining relationships with key accounts and resolving queries as required.
- Working as part of a small team to achieve set targets
Skills and Experience
The Successful candidate will:
- Previous Credit Control experience with a proven record of meeting KPI’s, reducing old debt and hitting a cash collection target
- Have strong negotiation, influencing and communication skills, with the ability to build a rapport with clients over the telephone
- Be comfortable handling difficult debtors on the telephone
- Be highly organised and efficient
- Manage their time effectively to ensure all the responsibilities of the role are met
- Have a proven ability to work under pressure and exceed set targets
- Possess strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft office
- Company Pension
- Life insurance
- Perk box
- Employee discounts scheme at Parker Tools
- Employee discounts scheme at Canterbury Mazda and Parker Mitsubishi
To apply email: recruitment@ johnparker.co.uk
Post: FAO Recruitment at Canterbury address below:
Vauxhall Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 1HD
Personal Applications Only. No Agencies or Newspapers Please.
Please Note: Due to the large number of CV’s we receive each day it is not possible to communicate directly with all applicants, therefore if you have heard nothing from us within 7 days then I’m afraid on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
Job Type: Full-time